The following photos
illustrate the historical restoration of the Reverend Bacon house,
originally built in 1840. Exterior renovations included copper
drain pipes, wooden gutters and cedar shingled roof.
A new 3-season sunroom was added to match the look
of the rest of the house.
Completed exterior along with new landscaping.
The kitchen was completely gutted. New custom cabinets and beadboard
were installed, along with pine board flooring that was salvaged
from another home of the same period. The countertops were finished
in marble and a pantry was fitted with custom shelving.
The following images show the
renovations of three bathrooms in this house. Note that one
door was cut in half and hinged to fold, so as not to
obstruct the window. New wainscoting was added and light fixtures
were salvaged from this home and re-used.
Restored front staircase. Completed
with decorative molding and stair skirt.
These stairs were added to replace
a steep and dangerous ladder-like staircase to the attic.
The renovated attic and another
original door split in half to save room and allow light from
the window. Original beams were preserved. Storage cabinets were added
to fit the angles of the room.